Divorce is never easy. When children are involved, it is even more difficult. However, the guilt and uncertainty you feel should not keep you from hiring the best legal team you possibly can to protect your interests in a divorce, child custody, or division of property case. Barberi Law has been voted the #1 family law team in Central Michigan for 17 years straight for a reason. We know what can go wrong in a marriage and we are ready to fight for our clients’ rights when things fall apart. In fact, Joseph Barberi literally wrote the book on Michigan divorce. The Divorce Book is read by judges and attorneys for its insight on family law issues.
We Handle All Aspects of Divorce and Custody
No matter where you are in the process—from contemplating separation to modifying a custody plan—we can step in and protect your interests. We have decades of experience in providing the best possible service in the following areas:
- Divorce. You need someone on your side to fight for you and your goals during this stressful process. We will help you handle all aspects of marriage dissolution, separation of assets, and custody agreements.
- Property division. Whether you are worried about the division of assets or debts, our attorneys have the expertise necessary to reach a beneficial settlement on your behalf.
- Child custody. We will help you resolve your child custody matters, including those involving parenting time, visitation, parental relocation, and custody modification.
- Parenting time and visitation. Our attorneys understand that the key to a child’s emotional health during his parents’ divorce depends on a parenting plan that is in the child’s best interest. We guide our clients through mediation until a compromise can be reached that is acceptable to both parties.
- Child support. In Michigan, the determination of child support is largely driven by a uniform child support formula. Even with this formula in place, there are exceptions and our knowledgeable attorneys will make sure the agreement is fair to you.
- High-asset divorce. Our family law lawyers have extensive experience guiding clients through complex property division in a high-asset divorce. We understand the importance of thorough investigation and a strong case strategy in these kinds of divorces.
- Prenuptial, ante-nuptial, and postnuptial agreements. Nuptial agreements are becoming recognized for the system of organization that they truly are, rather than an expectation of a failed marriage. Our attorneys can answer your questions regarding these documents.
- Spousal support. Spousal support, also called alimony, is a specified amount of money paid from one party to the other during or after a divorce. There is no set equation for the determination of spousal support, so it is crucial that you have an experienced family law attorney fighting to ensure your rights are protected through all stages of litigation.
- Grandparents’ rights and third-party rights. We have won many cases for custody and parenting time on behalf of grandparents and third parties. We can help you explore your rights and find answers to your questions about third-party rights.
- Personal protection orders and domestic violence. If another person has obtained a personal protection order or restraining order against you, you should obtain legal advice immediately. Our firm’s criminal defense and family law attorneys can give you that advice and protect your legal rights.
Whatever your family law issue or concern is, call us to discuss your case. Our team of attorneys will review your situation and let you know if we can help
Request a Free Copy of The Divorce Book
When you are facing a divorce or need to modify a previous custody, support, or visitation agreement, you will find our free book to be an invaluable resource. Fill out the form on the page to request your free copy and you will receive a download link shortly. If you are agonizing over the decisions you need to make to leave an unhappy marriage, call us for help. We will take some of the load off your back so you can move forward.