If a medical professional or hospital fails to uphold the legally prescribed standard of care, a patient or his or her family can bring a lawsuit to recover damages — and hopefully hold accountable the responsible parties. The help of an experienced medical malpractice attorney is a vital part of proving that negligence occurred and obtaining proper compensation.
Were You or a Loved One Injured Because of Medical Negligence?
If you or a loved one was injured because of the negligence of a medical provider, talk to the medical malpractice lawyers of Barberi Law. Equipped with more than thirty years of experience with complex medical malpractice cases, our lawyers can evaluate your case and help you understand what legal recourse you may have. We may be able to help you or a loved one obtain compensation for injuries and losses by filing a medical malpractice or wrongful death claim related to:
- Birth trauma
- Surgical errors
- Failure to diagnose cancer or another medical condition
- Emergency room negligence
- Prescription medication that was wrongly administered, wrongly prescribed, or mislabeled
Every case is different. Not all medical errors lead to viable claims, but it is essential to seek timely advice if you believe you have been a victim of medical malpractice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Malpractice and personal injury matters can be confusing and emotionally draining. The attorneys and staff at Barberi Law can answer questions such as:
- Who can be held responsible for medical malpractice? What role do insurance companies play?
- My family member died during a routine surgery. We believe it could have been avoided. Do we have a claim?
- The doctor who was treating me misdiagnosed my condition. Is he or she responsible to me for the delay and subsequent pain and suffering I went through as a result of his or her mistake?
- Is there a statute of limitations on medical malpractice cases in Michigan?
These and many more questions are answered in a free booklet provided by our law firm. No matter what your situation, we encourage you to contact our office. We will provide you with our booklet and, should you desire, you can schedule a consultation at our office with one of our attorneys who handles medical malpractice cases.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation Regarding Your Case
We are able to address injuries caused by doctors in hospitals in the Central, Western and Northern Michigan areas, including, but not limited to Grand Rapids, Greenville, Ithaca, Alma, Mt. Pleasant, Midland, Clare, Gladwin, Grayling, Gaylord, Cadillac and Traverse City.Contact Us Today!