Dealing with devastating consequences due to serious injuries or wrongful death
Sometimes bad things happen for reasons we may never understand. A serious motor vehicle accident, a workplace accident, a fall or the occurrence of medical malpractice can lead to devastating consequences:
- Brain injuries: Whether head trauma from an accident results in traumatic brain injury (TBI) or mild traumatic brain injury (MTBI), the injured person and his or her family need support and sometimes legal representation. Related conditions can include serious headaches, blurred vision, personality changes, mood swings and loss of short-term memory. By working with trusted medical professionals, we will gain a clear understanding of you or your loved one’s condition and the impact it may have on the future.
- Spinal cord injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can cause many problems for victims, sometimes with permanent effects. Paralysis, including paraplegia and quadriplegia, impacts many individuals who have experienced spinal injury.
- Wrongful death: Some serious injuries are tragic. If you have lost a loved one who was also a wage earner in the family, your family finances will be more unstable than you might realize. We will fight on your behalf to seek compensation for medical bills, lost wages and funeral expenses.
If your accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, an experienced attorney can fight to ensure you recover the maximum monetary compensation possible in your situation.
Frequently asked questions
At Barberi Law, based in Mount Pleasant and Midland, Michigan, we provide strong legal representation and support to accident victims and their families. Our attorneys can answer important questions, like:
- What rights do I have if a family member passed away because of an accident?
- What diagnostic tests are necessary to determine a brain injury?
- What damages can be claimed as a result of wrongful death or traumatic brain injury?
- How can I make sure I have the right medical treatment?
- How do I know if I am entitled to compensation?