What leads to trust litigation?
Depending on the number of assets held subject to a trust — and the obligations required of the trustee — a trustee can face an enormous responsibility. It is not uncommon, however, for the trustee to mismanage the trust or find him or herself in a dispute with beneficiaries. When the threat of trust litigation becomes a reality, it is crucial to have an experienced lawyer on your side.
At Barberi Law, we represent clients in all types of trust litigation matters, including:
- Beneficiary claims
- Trust reformation actions
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Allegations of trust mismanagement
- Requests for accounting of trust finances
Similar to a will contest, trust litigation can also arise when an individual challenges the validity of a trust. Litigation regarding a trust’s validity often involves issues such as fraud, duress, undue influence, coercion, improper trust formation and lack of capacity.
Proven advocacy for complex trust disputes
We represent beneficiaries, trustees, family members and other parties in a variety of trust-related disputes and complex trust litigation. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling even the most complicated trust and estate planning matters. We take the time to address all of your concerns and answer questions, such as:
- What is trust litigation?
- Can I dispute the validity of a trust?
- Is it possible to hold a trustee accountable for poor investments or general mismanagement of a trust?
- Whom can the beneficiaries turn to in the event of fraud?
- If I am developing my estate plan now, how can I limit the possibility of trust litigation in the future?
Our assertive advocacy and proven litigation strategies have allowed us to obtain many successful results, and to provide our clients with the skilled representation that they deserve.