If you face drug possession charges, we can help
In Michigan, a drug possession charge can be a life-changing matter. Depending on the circumstances, you may face fines, loss of driving privileges, probation or time behind bars, not to mention a mark on your criminal record. You need to talk to a lawyer before you talk to the police about the accusations you face.
If you’ve been charged in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, or the greater Central Michigan area, with possession of marijuana, possession of cocaine, possession of heroin, or possession of an analogue, the lawyers of Barberi Law can assist you or a loved one. We can answer important questions like:
- Where and when do I have to go to court?
- What is the difference between misdemeanor and felony possession?
- What if I was charged with delivery manufacturing or intent to deliver?
- What can happen with charges related to prescription drugs?
- Am I in danger of going to jail? Are alternatives available?
- If I have previous drug arrests on my record, how will that impact my case now?
- Will my job or driver’s license be affected?
- Will I be eligible for student loans or financial aid?
- Will I be able to receive government financial assistance?
- How much will legal representation cost?
- What if I have been wrongly charged?
- How will I meet the expense of bail or bond?
- Is the medical use of marijuana legal in Michigan?
Cocaine and heroin possession
At Barberi Law, we represent a wide array of clients — including Central Michigan University students and members of the Saginaw Chippewa community — in all drug matters, from misdemeanor possession to serious felonies related to selling, trafficking and prescription fraud.